Submitted by: Sonu and Rashmi from Hong Kong
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
For this recipe you will need the following INGREDIENT
- 4 Strawberries – Remember to use fresh ones only! Let’s start off this season in a healthy way! You don’t need to chop these because we will be grinding them later anyways.
- 4 tbsp sugar- This may seem like a lot (not if you are me) but since we are making 3 glasses this is actually not that bad.
- 1 lemon- We are going to be using this for 2 different purposes, zest and juice.
- 2 cups water – We used this amount for 3 medium sized glasses.
- 4-5 basil leaves- We plucked out fresh ones from our garden to give the drink a natural flavor! You may use the ones from market as well.
Once you have prepped all of the ingredients, follow these steps:
- Boil water and add sugar in it and wait for the sugar to melt. Once it does, turn off the stove and wait for the water to become warm.
- While we are waiting for it to become warm, let’s prep our lemon zest and lemon juice. Use half of the lemon for zest and the other half for juice.
- Once the water cools down, add both, the lemon juice and zest into it and stir gently.
- Now grind your strawberries to make it a puree and add it in the drink and mix well.
Now garnish your drink with some basil and add some ice cubes… your drink is ready to be served!
We really hope you liked this recipe! If you tried it and liked it remember to post it on Instagram and tag us for a shoutout!
Do not forget to like your4sure page on facebook and instagram to keep updated with such recipes from users like you.
Check out more recipes at – foodbooktheblog.com