Information About International Cuisine OR Global Cuisine
An International cuisine OR global cuisine is a cuisine that is practiced around the world. A cuisine is a characteristic style of cooking, often associated with a specific region, country or culture. To become a global cuisine, a local cuisine must spread around the world and its food served worldwide with easy and wide acceptance.
Popular GLOBAL / INTERNATIONAL cuisine (in alphabetic order) :
1. American: Burgers, hot-dogs, french fries, pancakes, and pies are commonly identified with the North American cuisine, but like most other things in North America, the cuisine is a melting pot of different tastes brought in from all over the world.
2. BRITISH: English breakfast consisting of white beans, bacon, tomatoes, scrambled eggs, sausages, and hash browns are also widely known worldwide.
3. CARIBBEAN: Vegetables and fruits like papaya, lime and mango are parts of many dishes. Rice, chicken, and seafood are everywhere in the Caribbean cuisine.
4. CHINESE: In Chinese cuisine, most meals are served in bite-sized pieces ready to be picked up by chopsticks. Basics include rice and noodles.
5. FRENCH: French cuisine is known for its superb ingredients and the way it is served, everything arranged with exceptional attention to detail and served with a glass of wine. It is the home of the gourmet meal and the Michelin Guide.
6. GREEK: Greek cuisine mostly consists of pita, gyros, tzatziki, and souvlaki often served with Retsina or Ouzo.
7. INDIAN: The Indian cuisine is mostly hot curries with lots of chilies and a side of raita to cool down. Dishes are based on rice and often vegetarian or with seafood. A wide diversified range of food and spices changing every 200 km as you move through the country.
8. ITALIAN: Home of the pasta and the pizza, Italian food is simple dishes with only a few ingredients but of extraordinary quality.
9. JAPANESE: Based on noodles or rice the Japanese meals are usually made of seafood, tofu or vegetables and of course you cannot avoid the sushi.
10. LEBANESE: Poultry is eaten more often than red meat. Lebanese cuisine includes an abundance of starches, whole grain, fruits, vegetables, fresh fish and seafood.
11. MEDITERRANEAN: This cuisine brings together warm flavors to conjure up holiday memories.
12. MEXICAN: In the Mexican cuisine the basics include chicken, tamales, tortillas, gorditas, corn, rice and beans and are spiced up with lots of chilies, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, and onions.
13. MOROCCON: Exotic North African dishes that are big on aroma, flavor, and spices.
14. SPANISH: Delightful Spanish cuisine includes paella and tapas, stews, chorizo, serrano ham, beans, and seafood.
15. THAI: Thai cuisine is all about stir-fried rice and noodle dishes with lots of vegetables and sweet sour curry-sauces.