Location & Accessibility
Rishikesh is located in the Dehradun district in the state of Uttarakhand in the foothills of the Himalayas and besides the holy river Ganga or the Ganges. Nearest airport is Jolly Grant airport and the nearest train station is Haridwar. Haridwar is well connected from these two places by roads.
1. Rishikesh is a place for adventure sports and rafting.
2. Rishikesh is renowned as a centre for studying Yoga and meditation.
3. Lot of places around Rishikesh to explore.
4. A relaxing, rejuvenating break is what is synonym with Rishikesh.
Places of Interest :
1. Rajaji National park – popular. It is a day’s visit.
2. Haridwar – popular. It is a dat’s visit with an option of staying overnight.
3. River Rafting – popular.
4. Temples and ashrams.
6. Beatles ashram.
7. Ram jhula.
1. Do not miss the evening Ganga aarti at Rishikesh and haridwar.
2. Try the traditional Indian thali in several places in Rishikesh.
3. Try colourfulbindis put on forehead in the streets of Rishikesh.
4. Visit Gaushalas in Rishikesh.
5. Browse through collection of books at GeetaBhawan in Rishikesh.