Water is an important resource and is an integral part to maintain the ecosystem on earth. Despite it being a resource which is not easily replenishable, people continues to waste it. You might be wondering what could you do, after all, everyone cannot start Rally for Rivers, but you can do what is in your might. Here we have penned down certain tips that will help you conserve water at home.
We might not realize, but in our daily lives, we do make some mistakes which result in wastage of water. So, here is what you can do to contribute towards saving water.
Water conservation method at home :
1. Use Bucket : Well, showers are an integral part of modern bathroom amenities, but more water gets wasted while you shower than using a bucket. Try to switch to use bucker instead of a shower.
2. Use modern water saving shower and faucets : If you want to use the shower, then go for Water-Saving Showerheads, Shower Timers, and Low-Flow Faucet Aerators.
3. Using water from RO : While the water gets purified in RO, some of it flushes out which high salt content. This water might not be fit for drinking but is defiantly useful for plants. Try to collect this water and use it to water the plants.
4. Turn off the water while brushing : Some of us have the habit of leaving the tap turned on while we brush. Make sure that you turn off the faucet while brushing and switch it on once you are done with brushing.
5. Fix the leakages : Make sure that you have no leaking pipes and faucets in your house. It not only damages the house but at the same time, it also leads to wastage of water. Call the plumber and fix the leaking pipes and faucets.
6. Don’t let the water flow while you clean the vegetables : While cleaning the vegetables; you can rinse them, in a stoppered sink or collect water in a pan and then clean the vegetables instead of rinsing them under continuous water flow.