This article is submitted by Ms. Niharika from Delhi.
Selection of the right course after graduation can take you to success. If you take correct decision while choosing the professional course then this will change the life of a person for something better otherwise one wrong decision can make the career worse.
Here are 10 most popular and career wise important courses that a student can select after completing the graduation and also which is appropriate for making a better career.
1. MBA : It is the most popular career that one must opt after completing graduation. It is a 2 years course of management which has a career in business management field. Graduate students who clear the entrance exam, group discussion as well as interview are eligible for this course.
2. MA : If one will opt for this program from the reputed college, it will open the doors for Ph.D. as well as M-Phil program which increases the chances of job opportunities.
3. Hotel Management : Graduates may apply for a postgraduate course in the field. Some of the most popular are Diploma in Hotel Mangement & Catering Technology, PG Diploma in Hospital & Dietetics Food Service, MBA in Tourism & Hotel Management, PGPM and International Diploma.
4. Travel and Tourism : It is the sector which has bright future ahead. Going for this course after graduation can entitle a student to jobs in different fields such as immigration & customs, state tourism department and travel agencies. Master of Tourism Administration is a two-year course after graduation which is approved by Ministry of Tourism.
5. Mass Communication : The trend of electronic and print media has opened a lot of opportunities. PG Diploma programme in this field has many job opportunities in different fields like Public Relations, Content Writing, Journalism, Digital Communication, etc.
6. 3D Animation and Multimedia : A specialization course in MMA is the best choice to start your career in entertainment, media, mobile applications or advertising world. Many job opportunities are there like graphic designer, logo designer, gaming artist, 3D art director, etc.
7. BEd. and NET : If you are interested in teaching, this degree is a must after graduation. After completing this, you may join schools, both private and government. Also, postgraduation with NET open up the doors for teaching in universities.
8. Foreign Language : The translators and experts of the foreign language are in demand in embassies and corporate world. One can opt for Ph.D. in foreign languages. You may get the role of Translator, Diplomatic professional, Interpreter, etc.
9. Textile and Fashion Designing : This can be the PG course of two years regular or 1-year diploma which entirely depends on the college. The PG course in textile and fashion focus on apparel, textiles, accessories and other areas.
9. Masters in Agribusiness : Students who have completed B.Sc. degree in Agriculture Science or similar to that can go for this course and also they have the option of a career like Farm Manager, Farm Appraiser, Grain and livestock buyer, Quality controller and Market Analyst for organizations.