Method for cooking of Vegetable Rice Pilaf At Home
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms, and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Add lentils, curry paste, cauliflower, and rice and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add stock and water, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes until rice is cooked and all liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork and sprinkle over flaked almonds and fresh coriander before serving.
- If freezing, allow cooling. Freeze in an airtight container.
Preparation time :
Approx. 45 minutes
Get ready with :
1. Basmati rice soaked in water for 30 minutes.
2. Ginger garlic paste.
4. Black cardamom.
5. Cinnamon stick.
6. Bay leaves.
7. Black cumin seed.
8. Onion rings.
Get started :
1. In a heavy pot heat oil and add cloves, black cardamom, cinnamon stick, Bay leaves, black cumin seed, mace and put onion rings and stir them brown.
2. Add the garlic ginger paste and stir for a minute. Put in the vegetables and stir fry for another minute.
3. Add the rice and fry for 2 months and then add water boil for 2 minutes and then cover it and cook over low heat for 30 months.
You can add paneer and more vegetables. Paneer should be again sliced in rectangular slices. To make it Tangier you can fry some almonds and cashew and add them after preparation. After Doing This you can Get the awesome Vegetable Rice Pilaf At Home.
Add your own spices and make it in your own style. Serve with some side sauce/curd.