Rich Summer Foods
Red Amaranth :
1. Consumed in the form of soups, salads, dals, curries and semi-dry dishes with rice.
2. Its one of the best source of vitamin K & Proteins.
3. They are always counting as rich summer food and also a rich source of vitamins C & E, folate, iron, magnesium, phosphorous & potassium
4. Its calcium content is more than milk which makes it a super food for lactose intolerant, helps reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
5. Also good for pregnant & lactating women’s.
Kokum Fruit Extracts :
1. Consumed by adding it to fish curry.
2. This super berry is nutrient packed with nutrients like vitamin C, fibre anti-oxidants & low in fat & calories.
3. This tangy fruit’s active ingredient, garcinol is an anti-oxidant with anti-carcinogenic properties.
4. Helps in digestion, reliefs flatulence & heat strokes.
5. It’s a natural &effective food preservative.
1. Helps replenish lost fluids in the body due to dehydration.
2. 100ml of water contains 250mgs potassium & 105 mg sodium.
3. Its low calcium & fat-free with the benefit of simple sugars, electrolytes & full of essential minerals which make for a good and healthy weight loss beverage.
Bitter Gourd / Karela
1. This summer produce is a natural remedy for the liver.
2. Also helps in stabling blood sugar level.
3. Helps to increase cellular uptake of glucose and improves glucose tolerance.
4. It contains a phytonutrient -polypeptide-P that has been called a plant insulin & is known to lower blood sugar levels.
Pumpkin / Kaddu or Petha
1. Best consumed as curry, stir-fry, raita & desserts.
2. Rich in vital antioxidants and vitamins.
3. Benefits organs like stomach, spleen & pancreas.
4. Natural sweetness helps keep blood sugar stable.
5. Helps repair skin tissues as it a good source of beta-carotene.
6. 100gms of pumpkin seeds have 559 calories & 30 gms protein.