Fitness and Exercise as a Hobby
Fitness is not limited to physical aspect or just having a good strong body. It is a state of mind and how our mind interacts with our body. Fitness is must for optimal functioning of mind and body but when we make fitness our hobby or our passion we take it to another level. Our bodies were designed to do lots of physical work like hunting for food and gathering essentials for survival and these activities used to maintain very good coordination between our mind and our body. But today things have changed completely, now we can simply order food from comfort of our home which reaches within few min, so the physical effort associated with our work is reducing day by day. Hence there is need to follow fitness regime as a regular part of life.
How to start Fitness and Exercise as a Hobby?
1. For different age groups there are different ways though which fitness and healthy living can be started.
2. Fitness is not limited to gym and body building.
3. It is a way of life which leads to ACTIVE LIVING which means keeping your body functioning at a high level.
4. Whether you are a studying, working or a home maker, fitness as a hobby can be followed by anyone.
5. To start you should only have a passion for staying healthy and fit.
You need the following :
1. According to your age you should line up activities that will fulfill your requirement. If in doubt it is best to consult a professional to list out the activities that you need to follow. For example – If you are in your teens, playing outdoor games with activities like running, jogging and undertaking physical activities regularly can be the best way. For people in their twenties and onward following gym schedule can be best and so on.
2. Make a schedule and routine which should be strictly followed.
3. Re align your eating habits according to your activities and age. Here again taking guidance from a professional will help.
4. Make a journal of activities that you do daily and it will be interesting if you can occasionally add some pics to this for memories.
5. The written records will also help you gauge your progress and give you an interest in following this hobby.
Why Fitness ?
1. It very important some form of fitness and be active so that our mind and body keeps functioning properly.
2. Regular Fitness regime will maintain the performance of your lungs and heart to most efficiently burn off excess calories and keep your weight under control.
3. It will also improve muscle strength, increase joint flexibility and improve endurance. Heart Disease and Stroke: Daily physical activity can help prevent heart disease and stroke by strengthening your heart muscle, lowering your blood pressure, raising your high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels (good cholesterol) and lowering low-density lipoprotein (LDL) levels (bad cholesterol), improving blood flow, and increasing your heart’s working capacity.
4. Physical work and regular exercise helps in reducing the chances of Type2 Diabetes, and if already there it helps in controlling it.
5. Posture: Exercise shapes up your body and gives you a good posture and overall good personality! Lungs: heavy workout increase load on the lungs, so as a result the lungs become bigger and more efficient and fast breathing clears out the impurities from thus reducing the risk of Lung Cancer.
6. Better Sex Life: Exercise has been proven to boost sex drive. Engaging in regular exercise can strengthen the cardiovascular system, improve blood circulation, tone muscles and enhance flexibility, all of which can improve your sex life.
7. Delay Ageing: Oxidation stress occurs when the body’s antioxidant defenses cannot completely repair the damage that free radicals cause to cells. Regular moderate exercise can increase your body’s production of natural antioxidants, which help protect cells.
8. Exercise can stimulate blood flow and induce skin cell adaptations that can help delay the appearance of skin aging.