WHY FRUITS ARE IMPORTANT FOR US
Fruits are very nutritious and loaded with a variety of micronutrients like vitamins and minerals, these micronutrients play a vital role in maintaining and securing body systems vitality, endurance and strength and to keep us in optimal health state. Fruits are nature’s beautiful and wonderful gift. Indeed they are life-enhancing foodstuffs packed with vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and many phytonutrients.
Regular consumption of fruit is generally associated with reduced risks of several diseases, better digestive health, better hair, skin and nails and above all delaying the ageing process. Fruits also help to reduce the risk of chronic/lifestyle induced disease like heart-related, obesity, gastrointestinal (gut) and Type 2 diabetes. The fruit has also been recognized as a good source of vitamins and minerals.
Regular Consumption of Fruits :
A regular diet rich in fruits can lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke, prevent some types of cancer, lower risk of eye and digestive problems, and have a positive effect upon blood sugar which can help keep appetite in check.
When to Eat Fruits?
You can have 1 to 2 fruit servings each day, to secure optimal health benefits. The best time to eat fruits is the first thing in the morning after a glass of water or in between the meals as mid-meal i.e. post 2-3 hrs of any main meal as then the body can absorb the best possible nutrients it has and also helps the digestive system to be stronger.
Eating fruits right after a meal is not a great idea, as it may not be digested properly. The nutrients may not be absorbed properly either and, also adds to the calorie content of the whole meal which may not be good for people who want weight loss or to even maintain healthy body weight. Also, the fruits may get digested late because of other foods in the gut which may cause fermentation & formation of gas, feeling of acidity or bloating etc in the gut.
1. To avoid infectious disease fruits should be washed thoroughly and methodologically before consumption and assure it is clean and hygienic.
2. Especially sweet fruits with skin/ peel on it should be washed properly by dipping them in water for 3-4 hours or overnight or, you can also wipe the fruits with mild alcohol like ethanol and vodka soaked in small piece of cloth. Alcohol kills microbes instantly and leaves no smell or odour as it evaporates.
3. If you cant wash properly better peel off the fruit skin and consume the inner stuff of fruit. This practice will help you get benefits and ease of consuming fruits with skin like mango, apple, chiku etc.
4. Fruits should be cut or whole. For Taste you can sprinkle dash of salts like Sendha namak (rock salt) and Kala Namak (black salt) or black pepper powder as will add on the nutritive value and feel your taste buds happy.
5. when fruits consumed in whole is a more healthy way. But, at times you can try out fresh fruit juices, smoothies and shakes also as a replacement.