Guide to Mount Abu, Best Places to Visit in Mount Abu
Location & Accessibility
It is the only hill station In the state of Rajasthan in Sirohi district bordering Gujarat and is easily accessible from all over India. Nearest airport is Udaipur and Train station is Abu road on Delhi – Ahmadabad route and is easily accessible by road.
This is a picturesque hill station situated in Aravalli hills and is an all the year round destination. Quaint little hill station nestled with greenery and a lake. It is not on much height and so is very easily reached with pleasant climate all the year round. Summers are a bit hot but still gives you escape from scorching heat waves in the plains.
Places of Interest
1. Nakki Lake – popular.
2. Mall Road – popular
3. Temples and ashrams near the lake
4. Arbuda Devi temple (Adhar Devi cave temple)
5. Guru Shikhar peak
6. Toad rock – popular
7. Delwara temples
8. Braham kumari museum
1. In the Nakki lake during and immediately after monsoons a water fall is created of extra water.
2. The Adhar Devi Temple is reached by climbing up 365 stairs carved into the mountain. The temple itself is located inside a rocky cleave and is reached by crawling through a small opening into the cave.
3. Reach early to see the sunset on a clear day. The sunset lasts only for a while.